Fiancé(e) Visas / K-1 Nonimmigrant Visas

New York City Lawyer for Fiancé & Fiancée Visas

When you plan to marry someone who lives abroad and is not a current legal citizen of the US, you will quickly realize that there are obstacles to beginning a new life together in the US. However, this is not to say that it’s impossible. In fact, with the help of our NYC fiancé(e) visa attorney at The Law Office of Yifei He, PLLC, you can find a solution that allows you to start a new life together while protecting both of your best interests throughout the process.

To ensure a secure future for your fiancé/ fiancé(e), The Law Office of Yifei He, PLLC provides caring legal counsel and advocacy in all matters related to:

  • Petitioning your fiancé/ fiancé(e) to enter the U.S. in order to get married. We can handle the legalities of this sometimes-frustrating process so you can concentrate on preparing for your new family member.
  • Adjustment of Status of your fiancé/ fiancé(e) through marriage. After you and your fiancé/ fiancée come to the US, we can advise you on how to adjust Status for your fiancé/ fiancé(e) and get them a Green Card.

In all of these matters, I provide knowledgeable counsel at each step to protect the welfare and best interests of you and your fiancé/ fiancé(e).

To learn more about obtaining a fiancé(e) visa in the US, contact our office at 1-917-338-7678 or via our online message form.

About Our Fiancés and Fiancé(e) Visa Services

Our team is well-versed in matters of family-based immigration, and we love nothing more than helping family and loved ones reunite in the US, especially for such joyous occasions as a marriage. As such, a considerable portion of our practice is dedicated to helping fiancés and fiancées, as well as newlyweds, establish their lives in New York, even if one of them is not a current citizen of the US.

The comprehensive legal counsel we provide to fiancés and fiancées looking to establish their new family in the US includes but is not limited to:

  • K-1 Fiancé(e) Visas and Petitions – You and your fiancé(e) must intend to wed within 90 days of your fiancé(e) entering the US in order to be eligible for a K-1 non-immigrant visa. If there is a “bona fide intent to establish a life together and the marriage is not for the sole purpose of obtaining an immigration benefit,” then your fiancé(e) can apply for a Green Card and lawful permanent resident status in the US after the marriage takes place.
  • I-130 Husband and Wife Visas and Petitions – You can file a petition to have your foreign spouse come to the US using the Form I-130, Immigrant Petition for Alien Relative. Once you’ve submitted this petition, you will be required to provide evidence that proves your relationship to the alien.
  • I-485 Adjustment of Status Applications – The I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, is used by fiancés and newlyweds to apply for lawful permanent resident status in the US.

We recognize that there’s a lot at stake when applying for a fiancé(e) visa, as well as when petitioning for lawful permanent resident status after the marriage. Rest assured, we do not take these matters lightly. While a joyous occasion, your marriage cannot really begin until you and your fiancé or spouse can safely and confidently reside in the US together. We are here to help make that happen for the both of you.

Our family-based immigration services continue to be the reason that many loved ones are able to successfully reunite in the US, and the same can be true for you. To learn more about your legal options for your loved one’s permanent resident status in the US, contact our team. We would be happy to meet with you for a consultation to discuss your options.

Our New York City fiancé(e) visa attorney can be reached online or by dialing 1-917-338-7678