New York City Business Visa Lawyer

We Help NYC Employers Legally Fill Positions with Employees from Abroad

At The Law Office of Yifei He, PLLC, we help employers in New York City and throughout New York who seek to fill positions in a wide range of industries with employees from abroad through business-based visas.

Backed by a proven record of success, we have helped businesses secure non-immigrant temporary employment visas for international employees. We have also helped many foreign national workers obtain legal permanent resident status (green cards) through employment or investment.

If you are concerned about complying with the regulations and guidelines outlined by the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA), or have concerns about navigating the complex US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) process, we can help.

To learn more about our business visa legal services, we invite you to contact us at 1-917-338-7678 or via our online message form.

Types of Business Visas Available to Visitors of the US

At The Law Office of Yifei He, PLLC, I we are committed to helping both employers seeking a skilled workforce and employees seeking to achieve their goals of working in the United States. As such, we assist clients with non-immigrant temporary employment visas such as the following:

  • B-1 Temporary Business Visitors: If you will be participating in business activities during your visit to the US, and the business is of a commercial or professional nature, you will need a B-1 visa. These visas are typically used for activities such as consulting with business associates, short-term trainings, contract negotiations, settling an estate, attending a conference or convention, and deadheading. We can also assist in applying for a B-2 visitor visa if anyone will be accompanying you at this time for personal pleasure.
  • E-1 Treaty Traders: If you will be carrying substantial trade goods to the US, you will need an E-1 visa. Typically, these visas are used for services and technology traded between the US and a foreign country in which the person seeking a visa is a citizen or national.
  • E-2 Treaty Investors: If you are responsible for directing the operations of an enterprise that your company has invested a substantial amount of money in, you will need an E-2 visa. You will also need this visa if you are actively investing in an enterprise currently.
  • H-1B & H1-B2 Specialty Occupations: If you would like to perform services in a specialty occupation, you will need an H-1B visa. These visas are used for persons seeking to perform services of exceptional merit and ability (H1-B), or as they relate to a Department of Defense (DOD) cooperative research and development project (H1-B2). Fashion models deemed to be of distinguished merit and ability can also apply for an H1-B visa.
  • H-1C Registered Nurses: If you are a foreign, registered nurse who is temporarily coming to the US to perform services during a health professional shortage, or in a shortage area as determined by the Department of Labor (DOL), you will need an H-1C visa.
  • H-2B Temporary Non-Agricultural Workers: If you are an employer in the US who wishes to bring foreign nationals into the country to fill specific and temporary non-agricultural jobs, the H-2B Program allows for that. You must file a Form I-129 for a Non-immigrant Worker on behalf of the foreign national you wish to bring over.
  • J-1 Exchange Visitors: If you wish to enter the US for the purpose of participating in an approved program involving teaching/instructing/lecturing, training, studying, observing, and/or conducing research, you will need to apply for an exchange visitor visa.
  • L-1A Intracompany Transferee Executives or Managers: If you are a US employer who wishes to transfer an executive or manager from an affiliated foreign office to a domestic location, you will need an L-1A visa to do so. You can also use this visa if you are part of a foreign company that wishes to send an executive or manager to the US to establish an office in this country.
  • L-1B Intracompany Transferees Specialized Knowledge: If you are a US employer who would like to transfer a foreign-based professional employee who has specialized knowledge to a domestic office, you can do so using the L-1B visa. You can also use this visa if you are part of a foreign company that wishes to send an employee with specialized knowledge to the US to help establish an office in this country.
  • O-1 Individuals with Extraordinary Ability or Achievement: If you are individual who possesses extraordinary ability in any of the following, you can apply for a visa to the US: arts, athletics, business, education, and the entertainment industry.
  • P-1 Athletes and Group Entertainers: If you are coming to the US temporarily for the purpose of an athletic competition, or to perform in a theatrical production or tour, you can apply for a P-1 visa to enter the country. P-1 visas are used for individuals and groups.

Every visa comes with its own set of essential criteria, which your qualifications must match precisely. Mistakes on your application can mean delays or even denial. That is why it is necessary to be guided by an experienced business visa attorney who can gather the necessary documentation and evidence to support your eligibility. Because immigration laws and policies change often, it is in your best interests to involve a lawyer in the process from Day 1. At The Law Office of Yifei He, PLLC, we are dedicated to maintaining and deepening our knowledge of the business visa application process to ensure you have all the information and resources you need when you seek us for help.

For eligibility criteria and more about the application process, contact our office.

We Want to Help You Cut Through Red Tape

Even if your business has just one employee, you are required to comply with INA requirements on employment eligibility. The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) enforces INA provisions addressing employment eligibility, employment verification and nondiscrimination. The consequences of an employer hiring unauthorized workers or failing to properly complete and retain an Employment Eligibility Verification Form, commonly known as a Form 1-9, can include criminal charges and penalties.

To ensure you and your business are protected when conducting foreign business or hiring a foreign worker, we will thoroughly examine acceptable forms of documentation, confirm your employees’ citizenship or eligibility to work in the United States, and help you conduct self-audits of your 1-9s each year to ensure they been completed accurately. We will also provide you with personalized immigration counsel so you can take proactive measures against discrimination lawsuits arising from improperly handled 1-9 forms under the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986 (IRCA).

For help with a business-based visa of any kind, contact The Law Office of Yifei He, PLLC at 1-917-338-7678 or via our online contact form.