Employment Visa Lawyer in New York City

Assisting Clients with Employment Visas in NYC and Surrounding Areas of New York

The United States is a nation of immigrants, and we continue to rely on the talents and industry of foreign-born workers for the innovation, research and development, and essential labor that helps our economy thrive.

If you are seeking to immigrate to the United States based on an offer of employment, we can help you establish the correct employment visa to do so. We can also help if you are an employer wishing to sponsor a foreign worker.

For more information about your employment-based visa options, contact The Law Office of Yifei He, PLLC for a consultation. Complete our online message form here or give us a call at 1-917-338-7678 to get started today.

We Help Businesses and Workers Obtain Employment Visas

Whether you are currently based in a foreign country and seeking employment in the US or you are a US employer who wishes to sponsor a foreign worker, we are here to help. Our employment visa lawyer can guide you through each step of the process, which will involve a complex set of regulations and procedures administered by US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) in order to establish the visa you need.

Employment-based visa petitions we can assist with include:

  • H-1B — Nonimmigrant dual intent visa for skilled professionals or those holding advanced degrees
  • EB-1 — Priority workers, which includes persons of extraordinary ability, outstanding professors or researchers, and multinational managers and executives who’ve worked for US-affiliated companies abroad
  • EB-2 — Professionals holding advanced degrees or those with exceptional ability
  • EB-3 — Skilled and unskilled workers and other professionals
  • EB-4 — Certain special immigrants, which includes a wide range of eligible employees such as religious ministers, workers in US embassies abroad, and foreign nationals who assisted US military personnel in war zones
  • North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) professionals

It’s important to note that employment-based immigration is meant to benefit the immigrant, the employer and US interests simultaneously. As such, US policy attempts to balance the competing needs of attracting essential workers with ensuring that qualified American workers are not disadvantaged. The hopeful immigrant must create a petition with that understanding.

At The Law Office of Yifei He, PLLC, we understand how the immigration system works and what elements are essential to a successful petition, and we will use this knowledge to give you an advantage in obtaining the job or employee you seek.

How to Secure Employment Authorization Documents as a Non-Immigrant

If you are in the United States on a temporary basis and you do not have a work visa but wish to work, The Law Office of Yifei He, PLLC can help you apply for the necessary permit to do so. Officially referred to as an employment authorization document, or EAD work permit, this is available to asylum seekers, international students and aliens seeking an adjustment of status. It is a photo identification issued by the US Citizenship and Immigration Services.

If you are interested in an EAD work permit, we can help you file a Form I-765, which starts a review that can take a few months. If your application is approved, your permit will be issued with an expiration date. There are various types of work permits available to non-immigrant job seekers in the US, which range from allowing you to work only for one specified employer to allowing you work for any employer.

We can also assist if you already have a work permit that needs renewal, or if you lost your work permit and need to replace it. If you are seeking an adjustment in status, we may be able to help you combine your work visa application with one for advance parole. This would allow you to exit and re-enter the United States.

To qualify for an employment authorization document, you must fall into one of the following categories:

  • Asylee/ Refugee
  • Foreign student
  • Employment-based non-immigrant
  • Family-based non-immigrant
  • Stateless individual or refugee

Contact The Law Office of Yifei He, PLLC for a Consultation in NYC

The Law Office of Yifei He, PLLC provides skilled representation to businesses and foreign workers seeking employment-based work visas in New York City.

To schedule a consultation with our NYC employment visa lawyer, call 1-917-338-7678 or contact us online by clicking here.