Family-Based Immigration Lawyer in New York City

We Want to Help Your Loved Ones Immigrate to the US Through the Family-Based Immigration Process

Our NYC family-based immigration lawyer at The Law Office of Yifei He, PLLC can explain the procedures and requirements involved with different forms of family-based immigration. In most cases, our clients are US citizens or permanent residents who wish to have a relative obtain entry or permanent residence in the US — parents, spouses, fiancés or fiancées, sons or daughters, brother or sister, etc.

What Are Family Based Visas?

Family-Based immigrant visas are for those who are related to a United States citizen or lawful permanent resident. They must be an immediate relative (spouse or parent) or minor (under 21) child of a U.S. citizen.

The types of visas for immediate relatives include:

Other family members or family-sponsored preferences include:

  • First Preference (F-1) – unmarried sons and daughters of U.S. citizens
  • Second Preference (F-2) – spouses and children, and unmarried sons and daughters of permanent residents
  • Third Preference (F-3) – married sons and daughters of citizens
  • Fourth Preference (F-4) – brothers and sisters of adult citizens

If you wish to bring someone you love to the US, we can help you understand what to expect during the family-based immigration process and what you need to do to prepare. Our team represents families and individuals nationwide and around the world, and we would be happy to do the same for you. As an immigrant himself, Attorney Yifei He has personal experience with the US immigration process, and he uses this experience to the benefit of the clients we represent in family-based immigration cases.

Call 1-917-338-7678 or contact us online for a consultation to learn about your options for bringing a loved one to the US from another country. Speak with a New York family-based immigration lawyer today!

Providing Legal Counsel for Visas and Changing Immigration Status

Much of the work that we do for our family-based immigration clients involves achieving entry, maintenance of status, adjustment of status, change of status, and finding the fastest and most effective ways to meet immediate or ongoing immigration objectives. Sometimes the fastest way will require additional work later on, as when a non-citizen spouse enters the United States on a nonimmigrant K-3 visa. Ultimately, it’s up to you and your loved one(s) as to how you would like to proceed, but we will always arm you with all the information you need to know regarding the options available to you, so you can make your decision based on sound advice and clear judgment.

We are committed to helping US citizens and permanent residents bring family members to this country. Examples of the kinds of family immigration situations we typically handle include:

Each of these situations requires a different approach and course of legal action, which is why we take the time to explain each process carefully so you know exactly what to expect moving forward: length of time, priority dates, evidence and documentation requirements, visa bulletins, interview process, and the affidavits of support that must be completed for the non-citizen relative.

You can rely on our NYC family-based immigration lawyer to provide straightforward and timely answers to your questions while giving you the information you need to make informed choices about your family. We know that the decisions and moves you make during this process are critical to keeping your family intact, and we will do everything in our power to protect and preserve your family during this time.

Call Us for a Consultation: 1-917-338-7678

If you wish to bring a family member to the United States to live temporarily or permanently, The Law Office of Yifei He, PLLC can offer the advice and counsel you need. We offer legal services in English and Mandarin, and we would be happy to look into options for other languages if that’s something you need.

To schedule a consultation at our New York City office, give us a call or complete an online contact form here. We can schedule a time to meet that works around your schedule.