New York City Green Card Lawyer

Helping Clients Become Lawful Permanent Residents

If you are a lawful permanent resident (i.e. green card holder), you have access to many crucial benefits. With a green card, you have better opportunities for careers, you can qualify for Social Security benefits, and you even pay lower tuition for colleges and universities. You can travel in and out of the U.S. without as many restrictions, and you can help your immediate relatives with funds or sponsorship. In short, a green card opens the door to countless opportunities in the U.S.

To become a permanent resident, you will need a reliable green card lawyer in New York City, one who can support you throughout the intricate application process. At The Law Office of Yifei He, PLLC, our knowledgeable lawyer has both professional and personal experience with the immigration system. As such, you can trust him to be your guide in facing all the challenges of the court system.

With our green card attorney by your side, you can access the opportunities you need and deserve. Call 1-917-338-7678 or contact us online to get started today.

Are You Eligible for Permanent Residency in New York?

The green card application process requires multiple forms and a complex series of steps. Furthermore, a wide range of factors could influence your ability to acquire permanent residence.

To become a permanent resident, you must meet at least one of the following requirements:

  • You are a certain immediate family member of a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident (depending on specified family-based preferences)
  • You possess desirable career or labor skills or have specific employment experience
  • You have suffered or will suffer from persecution or political unrest in your home country
  • You have suffered abuse (or the threat of abuse)
  • You currently have a job offer in the U.S. for a U.S. company
  • You are employed by the U.S. government in a foreign nation
  • You have lived in the United States for an extended period of time (without having any criminal violations)

Trustworthy Guidance Through the Entire Process

To start your application process, you will usually need a spouse, relative, or future employer to file your visa petition on your behalf. This is called sponsorship. If you are suffering from persecution or abuse, however, you may be able to self-petition. In either scenario, you must give a detailed account of your reasons for desiring a green card as well as your qualifications.

Our NYC green card lawyer at The Law Office of Yifei He, PLLC is extremely experienced in this area of immigration law. By assessing the type of petition you’re using, your personal background, and the number of available green cards for your home country, he can predict what may happen to your application and help you avoid common pitfalls. You can count on our legal team to work tirelessly to help you access the rights, privileges, and benefits of U.S. permanent residency as soon as possible.

Contact us online or give us a call at 1-917-338-7678 to get started on your case today